Are you mentally prepared for anything that you may encounter? Do you know how many people who appeared to be highly potential in their early ages, just vanish in seconds in terms of productivity? Are you ready for things that have broken down a lot of great names, that even the largest and strongest muscles cannot deflect? These are just three of the hundreds of possible questions that this topic may answer.
I have read tons of tips of powerful exercises and ways to increase mental strength, preparedness, and all. Yet, still it left a lot of questions in my head. And so, in my desire to fill up the blanks, I continued my research. From various resources on and offline, they all gave contribution to this post, to benefit everyone that may read. As a coach personally, I’ve learned that it is always best that despite all the complexities your research and topic may have come through, you should always simplify the final product. And so, here it is, your..
6 Effective Mental Strength Exercises – Shape Up Plan
1. Count Your Blessings, Name Them One By One
- Got the title from a Christian Song that we always sang at church, and I couldn’t find any reason that this cannot be on this precious list. The song went, “Count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings see what God hath done..”
- I strongly insist, that you count them all, and name them One by One. Write them all probably on a piece of paper, document pad, or any that suits your preference.
- And I assure you, that no matter how difficult things are currently, it sets a huge part of your burden FREE.
- My personal explanation to this is simple. Our minds are easily trainable and given that it has limitations of to which scenarios it should respond to, it can be trained to respond better by always looking at the good angles.
2. A Mental Knowledge Diet Plan
- Due to our present generation, where information’s availability is vast and easily accessible, it is important and healthy to pick ones that would feed you positively.
- Never forget to feed your minds with Wisdom before Knowledge.
- Immediately assess and think what you’re getting in to, if you continue to absorb information that’s in front of you. You may however, use negative information for the betterment of something.
- Save your mental capability for ones that are highly beneficial to your productivity.
3. Scheduled Meditation
- Meditation is one of the largest and most important topics shared and discussed worldwide. Some of the largest medical resources even discussed how beneficial this is to one’s mind, heart, and body.
- It is funny though, how others teach people to sit like this and that, with specific positions to meditate. When in fact, the best position is always your most comfortable and least to zero distraction preference. Some can meditate a lot better with people around, that’s the time they get to see and be in themselves.
- If you don’t know how to meditate, here’s the best list that I have found on top of a long list. Thanks to The Guardian for posting 10 easy to follow steps on how to effectively meditate. You can find it at the bottom of this post.
4. Food For The Brain Diet Plan
- There are hundreds of simple and healthy food that benefits your brain and help you with your mental strenthening exercises. I have picked the most accessible, popular, and simple ones. These have been gathered from the most credible sources on and offline.
- Here are 16 Healthiest Foods for the Brain:
- Nuts and seeds
- Dark Chocolate
- Egg Yolks
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Green, Leafy Vegetables
- Bone Broth
- Coconut Oil
- Blueberries. the so-called “Brainberries” by Steven Pratt, MD, author of Superfoods.
- Wild salmon – an Omega 3 Fatty Acid source.
5. Pressure And Discomfort Toleration Exercises
- This is probably the “gym” to start improving your mind’s capacity in terms of absorbing negative events, and maintain composure.
- Similar to meditation, you should find a distraction free place and time for this exercise.
- Do this in a progressive manner, and increase the level of thoughts carefully.
- Consider yourself being in some of your most uncomfortable, difficult, painful and pressure-affected situations. Then help yourself prepare of your next steps, towards how would you react and remain composed after.
6. Get Enough Sleep
- Simple and based on facts, our brains and emotions function properly or I should say at their best states whenever we have enough or sufficient sleep.
- Without the physical health of our brains, it would be very difficult to do all the other steps in this guide.
It’s a pleasure to share this information with you. You may freely respond to this post for any types of feedback. To close this topic in effectively increasing your mental strengths, let me leave you one inspirational words:
“For it’s not light that is needed, but fire; it’s not the gentle shower, but thunder. We need the storm, the whirlwind and the earthquake in our hearts.”
Additional insert: Source for how to exercise meditation in 10 easy steps – click here.